Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mother Nature's Farm

We thought it would be fun to take the kids over to Mother Nature's Farm on Saturday afternoon. It was sooo cute. The kids were able to pet and feed animals, go through a maze, decorate pumpkins, get their faces painted, go for a hay ride, bounce in a bouncy house, and before we left we even decided to bring a new pet home. She is a little yellow chick named Ning Ning (Yes like the chick from Wonder Pets). She is super cute and the kids adore her. She even likes to be held. She chirps until someone holds her. Currently she is spending a lot of time in my room in her hamster cage until I am able to get her a light and put her in the garage. We must protect her from our cat and hopefully in the future I will be able to get some sleep. Inspite of the challenges with having a chick we are thrilled! Now we have got to figure out what we will do when she is too big for the hamster cage. Hummmmm.




















7 comments:

sbk said...

A chick called Ning Ning? Too cute.

Ashley said...

Kandis I love all the new blog posts! I have been wondering when we would get a fun update : )

These autumn pics are great! Where is this Mother Nature place? Love the kids with their pumpkins!

And a chick huh? My mom tried that once with us as kids at Easter time- it wasn't an easy pet- good luck!!

Ashley said...

p.s. Love the hilarious photo of you four with your faces on the animal cut outs! Priceless

Kandis said...

Hey Ash! Mother Nature's Farm is on Baseline between Gilbert and Stapley after Frys. It's really a fun little place. It's $7 for kids and $3 for adults. Let me know if you check it out.

As for the chick. Ya, we will see. My mom brought home ducks when we were little and I loved them, so I couldn't resist letting M and M try a farm animal out.....cow next?

Heather said...

So fun!! We are going to a farm on Thursday! - I will try and get some pics up then!! :) I'm glad M and M had great brthdays! Wish we could've been there!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kandis! That article was most helpful!

Nelson6 said...

Kandis looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the Farm place. How ridiculous is it that I have lived 1 mile away from it all my child hood and I have never been there. Maybe now I will take the boys. They would love it. No chick for us though, Izzy would swallow it whole.