Saturday, August 6, 2011

Carrots

Miles has a hard time eating different kinds of foods. He mainly likes the basic kids foods that include mac and cheese, hot dogs, grilled chicken, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. We have him try new foods at dinner time even though it is a challenge for him. After trying carrots many many times Miles was able to eat his whole spoonful of carrots, spaghetti, and two apples. He was so proud of himself. I told him that if he ate his dinner that he could choose what we have the following night, but with that choice he would have to include some vegetables. I was surprised that earning dinner the next night helped him eat all of his carrots. Miles chose homemade Alfredo pasta, corn on the cob, and a basic salad with cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes. When Miles tries his vegetables and new foods, he has apple slices and a big glass of water handy. I am so proud of Miles!!

2 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

hah! We have the same problem in our house! Good job Miles!

Ashley said...

He was so funny telling me his carrot story all proud the other day! My grandma always told me if I ate my carrots I would have good eyesight. I always ate them well and then I had to get Lasik... hmmm. Good job Miles!!