Monday, July 12, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Dedication

We enjoyed taking a trip down to Thatcher to see the new temple. It was fun for the kids to go inside the temple. It was especially neat to show them what the sealing rooms look like and talk to them about Brad and I choosing to get married in the temple. Marley's favorite room was the bride's room and Miles loved the baptismal font.

Not only did we get to see the temple, but I got to show the kids where I grew up. I lived in Thatcher from 1st grade until my sophomore year of high school. We took the kids around town while I told stories of my childhood. It was fun to show the everyone where I played softball, put pennies on the railroad tracks, the place where our farm was, where I went crawdad fishing, my old high school where I played volleyball and ran track, the sonic drive through that I had my first little car accident at, and so many other great and funny memories. The kids especially liked the story I told them about helping a boyfriend one summer in a shaved ice stand. I couldn't believe that the stand was still there. Oh the joys of growing up in a small town. What fun!







1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is so neat they built a temple in the little town you grew up in. How fun to walk down memory lane with the kids and Brad. I love the pic of Miles & Marley in front of the temple.