Monday, July 12, 2010

We are Getting Married!!!!

These pics are the only ones that I took from Brad's proposal. It's funny that we didn't get a ring picture or a picture of us. Anyways....Brad proposed to the kids first by asking them each individually how they felt about him becoming part of our family. He asked Marley first and gave her a pearl necklace and earrings that she saw when we went wedding dress shopping all together.

On a side note...Marley got to try on dresses in the room next to me while the boys waited. Miles kept saying, "Wow all of you girls are not dressed modestly." I had to tell him that we don't really tell other people that, we just know how we will choose to dress. Miles says what he thinks.

Anyways, after Brad talked to Marley and gave her a little gift, he then asked Miles how he felt about him joining our family and gave him a special silver dollar. He told him a story about when his parents were getting married and his dad was paid with silver dollars while working in a paper mill. Brad tells the story better than me. It was really touching and the kids were so excited! They love Brad!

After Brad proposed to M and M we dropped the kids off at his parent's house and headed to Gainey Ranch for a night of music and a romantic gondola ride. Brad proposed in a quiet little place that we walked to by ourselves and of course I said YES! I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for bringing him in our lives.



2 comments:

Nelson6 said...

This post makes me cry. I think this is the sweetest thing ever! I am so happy for you 2, well you 4!

Ashley said...

Miles and Marley are so lucky to have you for their mommy and now to have Brad in their lives. It is absolutely adorable that he did that first with the kids. What a sweetheart! So happy for your new family! XOXO